Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serene's GFX Application

2 posters

Go down

Serene's GFX Application Empty Serene's GFX Application

Post  Serene Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:49 am

Name:
Crystal

Timezone:
EST.

How long have you been playing PonyMS?
I haven't been playing this server, because it is offline. However, I do plan on playing it, as I enjoy playing new servers. It gives me joy to help the community thrive and become lively.

In Game Name('s):
It will be Dyslexic.

How long have you been playing MapleStory?
I have been playing MapleStory ever since I was 7 years old. I have been playing Maplestory PRIVATE servers ever since I was 11 years old.

*Past Game Master experience(Proof?)?
I was Co-Owner in LollyMS; unfortunately it was shut down shortly due to the host quitting on us.
Unfortunately I do not have any the screen shots anymore, but I assure you I would perform an adequate job if I were to be chosen.

*Which steps would you undertake if you caught a Hacker?
Unlike others, I would ban that hacker immediately. Of course, I would take a screen shot first and show it to the higher ups later. If one was to wait to ban the hacker, then the hacker would have obviously been able to flee. If he were innocent, however, he could merely post a ban appeal and would simply be unbanned.

However, those steps listed above would only be taken if I were sure that he/she were a hacker. If I was unsure I would, grudgingly, merely take a screen shot and report him/her first.

Which steps would you undertake if two people were fighting?
The first warning would to tell them to be quiet. The second warning would be the same. Lastly, if they did not abide to my orders, I would mute them both and send them to jail for 5 minutes.

What would you be able to add to our community?
I could add creativity to this private server. I'm pretty decent at making banners and etc, so it would certainly brighten up the server. Other than that, I could do what other GM's can do; host events and liven up the community. :3

*Do you have any experience coding?
Unfortunately I do not.

Any other regards you would like to mention to us?
If I were not to be chosen, I would still dedicate as much time as I could to this server.
If I were, then I'd still dedicate as much time as I could to this server. I would also make banners and everything GFX related whenever needed as well.

*If I am asked to, I will gladly show my abilities in this area.

Thank you for reading my application!

Serene

Back to top Go down

Serene's GFX Application Empty Re: Serene's GFX Application

Post  Jeffreyx Sat May 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Although you said that you would play once the server came back online, it seems that everyone else who has posted an application has failed to stay connected with the server. I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, and think that you will stick with your word.

With you banning people right away, that should not be done. I understand that they need to be stopped, I know what all hackers do, but that doesn't mean that you can ban them, and just have a screenshot. You should always jail first, and allow other staff to discuss whether they want to give them a chance or not. Now, that is saying that the owner has agreed to ban them, then you may.

Without any experience with this server, I really don't think you should be making a GM application. The server isn't big, there are already GM's, and without a big community, there isn't a huge need for more GM's.

One thing you would be able to do to show that you are willing to stick around for the server, and want to be able to play a big role in the server, is show us that you have some skill within banners, etc...

All together, I wasn't very impressed with your application. You should have put more thought into the fact that seeing you in game, is a big part of helping people make the decision as to who to make staff. Since the server is off, you can't do that, so you should not be making an application, you should have waited.

Thank you for submitting your application, as you should know, it is not just up to me. You still do have a chance.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down