Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeffy's GM Application

3 posters

Go down

Jeffy's GM Application Empty Jeffy's GM Application

Post  Jeffy Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:37 pm

NAME:Jeff
IGN:Jeff
TIME ZONE:(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
----------------------------------------------------
How long have you been playing PonyMS? How well do you think you know the server?:
I have been playing PonyMS for 1day. but i get use to any server within one hour.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How often can you be available in-game?:
I make an attempt to go on as much as possible, Weekdays - up to 6 hours / Weekends - 14hours
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How much staff experience have you had? Explain what your duties were, and how you managed your job:
Only once. in CloverStory, but i stayed very long time in there. what i did in cloverstory was just entertain people, and do fun events. That's all the experience I have, but I am capable for much more.
What kinds of benefits can you offer the server?:
I would be considered another helping hand in the staff. With the number of players joining constantly, GMs have to be present to assist them, since most players are training or in their own private affairs.

I also got some great ideas for events that people have not suggested such as:
1. Team Events
2. The Survivor Series (chain of events that will end with 1 winner)
3. Dodgeball (Hop over snails that do 30k damage.)
4.LMS(i drop any items and players guess, if they get right they get to kick one or two players in map)
5.Fashion Show(Best styler wins.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you call yourself "mature?" Define "mature" in your own words and explain why you think you are/aren't mature:
Dictionary Definition : fully developed in body or mind, as a person
My definition : Anyone that knows when to act a certain way at any given time.

The definition provided by the Dictionary is terrible, because it is saying that someone that is fully developed in the BODY, but not in the mind, is considered mature.

I would say I am mature, because I know exactly when I should be serious about stuff (such as suicides, personal issues, etc.) and when I can mess around (such as LOL moments, Modern Warfare 3 action, friendly conversation, etc.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If chosen, what will you do as a staff member?:
- Host events
- Ban hackers/dupers
- Help players with any issues that are in-game or in Real life (depends)
- Learn all the codes/commands and improve.
How confident do you feel about getting the position?:
"I am not confident. I think there are other people that are better me. Blah Blah Blah"

The only way to get anything is to be confident about yourself. If I have confidence for myself, I have absolute confidence in getting this position.
Will you follow all of the staff rules? How?:
Yes, I will follow the rules.
- Host events when appropriate
- Watch over players
- Report any bugs that I can't handle (ex. Coding).
- No picking favorites (as in players)
- No giving out items/Event Points/ Donation points/ etc.
How will you deal with hackers, dupers and/or other offenders?:

Hackers:
•Take a SS (Screen Shot)

•Watch the hacker for 5 minutes to an hour (Confirm that he/she/it is hacking)

•Ban. If you hack, its under your own accord. I am ruthless on hackers.

Dupers:
Same as Hackers

Offenders:
Depends on the action. If its excessive spamming, they would be asked to stop/jailed if it continues. Any Harassment towards me is constructive criticism. Any other offenses would be taken care of the same way I take care of spammers.

Being a part of the staff comes with responsibility. How will you react if you are demoted due to abuse of powers, inactivity, and/or ignorance?:
As long as I get a legitimate reason on my demotion, I would accept it, since it is clear that I have done something that caused my demotion.

How do you cope with your emotions when you are feeling sad, angry, or upset?:
Honestly, it is really difficult to make me sad/angry/upset/etc. If you ask some players or even b00ty (Haley), I am extremely mellow. However, if it does happen for whatever reason, I would go on Modern Warfare 3 and kill people there. Better to kill people on Modern Warfare 3 than to take it out on players on PonyMS right?

Are you respectful towards others, as well as mindful of them? How so?:
In terms of respect, I have mutual respect with everyone, unless they proven that they do not deserve it. In terms of mindfulness, I am mindful to everyone, regardless of any of their previous actions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking the time to read my application.
-

Last edited by Jeffy on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Jeffy

Back to top Go down

Jeffy's GM Application Empty Re: Jeffy's GM Application

Post  Pony Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 pm

This is a great application. Did you see we have our own format?
Anyhow, we need a little bit more players before we can finally decide who will become GM.

Pony
Admin

https://ponyms.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffy Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:14 am

Pony wrote:This is a great application. Did you see we have our own format?
Anyhow, we need a little bit more players before we can finally decide who will become GM.

I was worried if i made a mistake or people might not like my application.. lol. I'm glad that u liked my application. and the reason why i wrote with my own format was just because i do better with it. lol. and yes, i can wait for that. thank you. Very Happy

Jeffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:17 pm

I like your application, but to be completely honest, I think it would have been better to follow correct application format. It shows that you really haven't just copied and pasted your application from somewhere that could be made by someone else, and you just touched it up making it seem fit to you.

Also, this is just my opinion on things, but especially within and application, you should be using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I noticed you didn't put a lot of capitols where there should have been.

Other than those few things, I think you have made a nice application. Good luck on becoming a GM.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffy Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Jeffreyx wrote:I like your application, but to be completely honest, I think it would have been better to follow correct application format. It shows that you really haven't just copied and pasted your application from somewhere that could be made by someone else, and you just touched it up making it seem fit to you.

Also, this is just my opinion on things, but especially within and application, you should be using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I noticed you didn't put a lot of capitols where there should have been.

Other than those few things, I think you have made a nice application. Good luck on becoming a GM.
uhm... ok..?? o.O
and yes. i know i need to learn more about speeling, punctuation, and grammer. and i tried my best on this.

and thank u. good luck to u to.

Jeffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:13 am

Jeffrey has a good point, if im not mistaking the first app we got was copied. It's best to follow our format but it's alright.
I am still struggeling with my english aswell, I just noticed that I misspelled I'm in the sentence above so I dont really care

Pony
Admin

https://ponyms.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffy Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:19 am

thank you.

Jeffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 pm

So, just checking here, but, Jeffy, do you even still log on? It seems that you had just stopped posting, and looking around through the forums, and I haven't seen you on the chat in quite some time. Just checking to see if you were just out GM hunting.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down