Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeffrey's Game Master Application (:

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jeffrey's Game Master Application (: Empty Jeffrey's Game Master Application (:

Post  Jeffreyx Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Name:
Jeffrey

I am fifteen right now, my birth date is January 9th 1997.

Timezone:
I am in eastern time zone.

How long have you been playing PonyMS?
I have been playing for a few weeks now. I know that it is not a whole lot of time, but from the few weeks that I have been playing, I feel that I have helped the server, possibly only in a few ways, be they small or otherwise. I have liked this server since I logged on the first time. I like everything about the server, especially the few player commands. I find that servers with a lot of them make the game players become very lazy and not very social.

In Game Name('s):
My characters name is Jeffrey and I only have the one.

How long have you been playing MapleStory?
I have been playing MapleStory for approximately 6 years now. I started when I was young, and just stuck with it.

*Past Game Master experience(Proof?)?
I have had past Game Master experience in two other servers. I currently do not know if i have proof because I do not have any contact with previous admins or staff. I may be able to get proof for you by emailing them if I can find their emails. Although I don't have proof, the two servers were: iMapler and the other I can't remember, but I should be talking to the owner of that one soon, and then i will relay the message to staff (probably through comments on this application).

*Which steps would you undertake if you caught a Hacker?
If I caught a hacker, I would first video/screenshot him in the process of hacking for proof, then, jail him (if server has a jail (I know some don't, I don't know why)) then I would go in there, and first ask him if he knows what he had been doing that was wrong. Depending on his answer I would say Them ~Yes~ Me "Alright, then you should also know that there is no exception, correct?" I would then explain that they will be reported to admin/head staff and that they will have final say on what happens, as GM a lot of servers do not allow them to make those decisions by themselves, but as for this server I do not know. Them ~No~ Me "Well, you were hacking. There is no excuse for hacking, I do have proof so there will be no fight. I will show admin/head staff when one of them is online and they will then decide on what they would like to do with you. For now, you will stay jailed.

Depending on whether GM's are allowed to make the decision themselves, I would IP ban them immediately as long as I had proof to show higher leveled staff.

Which steps would you undertake if two people were fighting?
The first thing I would do would be get the two people to calm down and tell me their side of the story one at a time. Then off of my own judgement I would then make the decision on who will get what and who won't. Also, if one or both do not listen, I would jail one/both and talk to them alone, to try to get everything settled, and afterwards as long as they listened and co-operated they would be able to go back to what they were doing as long as they do not cause more problems.

What would you be able to add to our community?
I enjoy making the server better, and making sure there are no problems among the players. I could possibly bring GM hosted events into server. I am very social even when I am a GM I like to help out new players, and show them that the game can be very fun. If anyone needs any help, I'm available anytime that I am on, and will help anyone no matter what I'm doing unless I am helping multiple people already, then I would need to tell them to hang out a few moments. I would like to bring the server up and get a few more people playing and try to get the ones that are already on, more active and more social as a whole server.

*Do you have any experience coding?
I have some experience coding helping out old servers. I can do BBCode decently well, I also can do HTML I'm not advanced within it, but I know how. .wz edits I do not know how to do, but if someone were to show me, I'm positive that I would pick it up. I seem to be a quick learner when it comes to these kinds of things.

Any other regards you would like to mention to us?
Well, as some people may know from reading through the forums, I have begun to edit maps. If you wanted I could be a server map editor or something like that. You could also add that to part of staff or something along those lines just to make it an official position of the server.other than that there isn't anything else that I can really think of right now, but if there is any other questions you would like me to answer, please comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you.
I hope you enjoy reading this application, thanks for taking the time.

Last edited by Jeffreyx on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating information.)
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Jeffrey's Game Master Application (: Empty Re: Jeffrey's Game Master Application (:

Post  Pony Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Thank you for your apply. But, please understand that we first need a bigger community before we need a new GM.
And I have a question:
Jeffreyx wrote:I like everything about the server, especially the few player commands, I find they make the game players become very lazy and not very social.
I don't really understand this, you like the player commands because they make players anti-social and lazy?

Pony
Admin

https://ponyms.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Jeffrey's Game Master Application (: Empty Re: Jeffrey's Game Masters Application (:

Post  Jeffreyx Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 am

Sorry for the mis-wording. I meant that when servers have a lot of commands I find that the players are more lazy and anti-social.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Jeffrey's Game Master Application (: Empty Re: Jeffrey's Game Master Application (:

Post  Gstyle* Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 am

lazy? I think its good cuz the most players are in the FM so they can talk together and shit so ther are social and lazy i would hate an server if you need to walk 30 min and than go training and than if you need some pots you need to walk again 30min than you cant rly train so good and its irritating
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

http://www.marco.homo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:13 am

I understand where you are coming from, but, all servers are different. In this sense, this server is like global for making it has few commands. There is the shop in the FM on this server, which I do very much like. There is also spinel, which comes in use very often. But there is no command to talk to them (that I have found) from anywhere, which I happen to like.

I'm not trying to say that it's only my opinion, and I'm not sure others opinions considering that it has only been our two so far, but different people like to be able to have to actually do something in a server. To be completely honest, I don't enjoy playing servers who spoon feed you levels right from the start. But I had played one a while ago, and I talked to some people about it, and they just loved it.

For example on that server, I had gotten 2000 RB's in about three days. I do not like that. To me, it takes the fun out of the game, and that just like having a lot of custom NPC's within the free market that allow you to do anything you want there.

Yes this server does have a few NPC's, but the server does not feed you with free stuff like some other servers do. But being able to access any of them while out training does not seem realistic to me, I don't see why people would want that. Yes, having that makes it much easier to stay and grind, but it also takes away from the Maplestory feel to the game.

I know that there is a command to go to the FM (@fm) yes that could be considered lazy, but I find that one should be there. It's not only where the custom shops and spawners are placed, but it is where most people hang out and it only makes sense to have a shortcut to that instead of having to walk to the nearest town (that might not even have an FM entrance and then have to walk to the next town hoping that it does) and finding the FM entrance portal.

Just overall, I enjoy playing this server very much, I plan on playing it until it closes down, no matter what happens through this application. If I don't get the job, well. Then lets hope that the person they picked is the right person for the job, which I may not be.

Thank you for your thoughts, Gstyle.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey.

P.S. Thank you for taking the time to read everything, Pony, and Gstyle. It means a lot. (:
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Gstyle* Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:41 am

Haha ;D but we are not the only who read (44 times read) 8P
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 am

Yeah, but you had been the only one to comment with your opinion. I wish more people did, I mean I know that a lot of people don't comment because they may not have a lot good to say, but even so, that would just help with the discussion of everything that is going on within this post.

44 read, 2 people wrote. Not a very good ratio.

Also, I think that a lot of people spend more time on the forums than the actual game, yes it's good that people go on the forums, but I think more people should be playing also. If more people were to connected to the server, then possibly we could get more than 15 people online at the peak hours.

Also, guys, since I see that a lot of people have been reading this thread (possibly because it's one of the threads within the forum that is getting activity), if you know anyone who plays GMS or any other server, try suggesting this server to them. I don't see why they wouldn't like it, unless they only played high rate servers. But still it's worth a shot, so why not try it and get more people on here. (:
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Gstyle* Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 am

Yeah youre right. But i always first go on the game than i just go to youtube set some music on and go to the forum to check it i always check it each 2 hours or something cuz i just rly love it <3
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:15 am

I usually check on the forum first, just to make sure that I'm not getting side tracked with either in game or other function within the whole computer it self.(: .. I just rather check this, and then continue on.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:11 am

I have just been reading this thread, I don´t want to comment on all the threads.
But, I do read them all and I care about peoples opinios.
About the server shutting down. We have just been up for 3 weeks, the community is small but,
the community is growing, the community is friendly. Even though im not around the server right now I will keep it online for these few awesome people,
You are one of them.
Don´t worry about the sever going down,
The community can only grow.

Pony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Thank you, Pony. I'm looking forward to being a part of this server as it grows bigger, no matter what part I am.

Not sure if you are aware but I believe the server crashed today, cause I haven't been able to get on for a few hours. Also Jesse (another character) and I have been talking on the chat, he also can't log on, so I know that it's not just me.

Side note: I am not sure if this is one of your GM's or not but on the chat they said were trying to get me to move to a different server, and saying that this one will never grow, etc... (I'm not trying to be a snitch, but if it is one of your GM's I believe he should be dealt with), now I'm not sure if you have chat logs linked to the site chat, but if so, I think you should check them.

The name of the characters Chat: [Gƒx/_GM]Lükê™[]_ _TROLL_MASTER!

Thank you,
Jeffrey
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Gstyle* Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:36 am

I know for sure the community will grow bigger!

And let that ppl that are trying to make a server just talk they are just jealous....
Just always advertise tell your classmates about it and friends.
Or like me of you got old maple friends let them look at this.

And everyone is part of the server the players too if there were no players there was no server ;D

And uhm its now 14:37 now GMT+1. and im getting Unable to connect server check blablabla
And idk if its my computer or the server...
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:14 am

No, It's not your computer, it is the server. I'm not sure if it is up, I haven't tried yet today, but recently no one has been able to connect. I'm not sure what happened with that, but we will just have to wait for Pony to reply with an update about whats been going on.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Just check the news section...

Pony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 am

Yeah, sorry, I had posted this before checking the News section. :s
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Gstyle* Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:08 am

Me2^^
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 am

Are you staying offline of the server Gstyle?
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Gstyle* Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:56 pm

uhm im msot of the time online but its off now for me so i can't play i hope the server will go online today and i think so it will be ;D but if there some trouble than it can't go on
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Yeah, that was posted yesterday while we were talking xD .. a little late ;3
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Gstyle* Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Haha this1 is late to cuz i whas sleeping 5 days by my girl so soz
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:07 pm

It's alright.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:37 am

I have contacted the owner of one of the private servers that I had moderated on previously and I have gotten the name(s) of his server. It is SunnyMS (changed to SaintStory half way through). If you would like his email I would gladly give it to you, just ask :3
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Give what?

Pony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Like, I could give you his email and you could talk to him about proof, etc... (I'm not sure how he would prove it much better than me, but he was the owner.)
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:28 pm

I believe you were a mod, I'm busy now. I will soon convert the server, add a minecraft server, maybe a habboretro, host 24/7 and get gtop100 premium

Pony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next