Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion, sort of?

3 posters

Go down

Suggestion, sort of? Empty Suggestion, sort of?

Post  Jeffreyx Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Alright, well, I'm not exactly sure what this would fall under, but, first of all, I would like to ask staff this;

*Are you guys going to allow Map.wz edits in PonyMS? I have started to edit mine slightly, just to get to different places like FM where Fredrick is.

I don't know the current rule about them on this server currently, I know some servers do, and others don't. I just don't want to be caught by a GM using them and be banned because I was unsure.

NOW, for my suggestion. As long as you guys are allowing them to be used within the server (whether you want to set limits on them is up to you), I believe you should make a spot in the forum where people could upload their custom Map.wz and people could download it from there.

OR

You could also make that part of the forum much like the News section. Where only ADMIN can post within it, although I believe that for this section it would be all staff not just ADMIN level. This would save the section from being filled with unneeded maps that people wouldn't want to have or don't hang out in.

If you were to decide to go with the staff only section, there should be a either a staff member whom they may send a private message to, or, a separate section, that people could go and submit there maps to and then (a) staff member(s) could test them out and submit feedback on them. Once that would be done, then staff could vote on whether they think it should be up on the forums to download or not.

Also, to go along with the section to download them there should be a *Sticky* for tutorials on how to download and get them to work on the private server.

If you would like me to answer anymore questions, please leave a comment, and I will most likely answer them within the next 24 hours.

Thank you for reading this.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Suggestion, sort of? Empty Re: Suggestion, sort of?

Post  Gstyle* Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:32 am

This seem to be a good idea Staff should try it and if its going to the wrong side than just remove new section from forum and make it bannable to edit map.wz but i think the staff should try it out:D
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

http://www.marco.homo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:31 am

It is not bannable, all our GM's use it.
but, there are some things that could be edited in map.wz that we dont like.
I like your idea, I have never thought of this but I dont think it's a good idea.
I was already considering putting my map.wz wich only makes it possible to walk everywhere in the fm on the downloads page at the website.
Thank you,
Pony

Pony
Admin

https://ponyms.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 am

Alright, well, if you decide to test this out, I would be more than willing to give some maps to be tested. I currently am working on a "sleepywood FM" theme. I would like to see that on the downloads page, I think it would be a nice addition, cause I know that I used to wish that someone had it available to download.

Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Try, make the best you can.
When I get home I´ll test it

Pony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gstyle* Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:53 am

I dont know what map editing is and i dont know how it works.
but if i see this stuff like sleepywood FM it seems to be cool though
It will be cool if you post the download in the off-topic or something:D
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 am

Alright, currently I made the floor under the FM rooms to low on the bottom ones, so I will need to redo that, but it should be done soon.

Staff will may want to change the layout of the NPC's cause they sometimes mess up when having edited the map. I will still have the platform's that they are on because it would make it easier, but it's up to you what you want to do with that.

The map should be done very soon, I may add a few platform's in other places but other than that, it should be about completed.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:21 am

You may not post it here, Sunday I´ll get home.
Then I will get it from you and test it Smile

Pony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 am

Alright, I had told Gstyle in game that I will not be posting it on the forum or anywhere available to download until you have allowed me to. I have the Map.wz in my folder currently, and the FM looks kind of messy/crowded, NPC's happen to get stacked and everything jumbles :s.. I would like it if you excused that from your decision, cause I myself cannot change where NPC's get placed, that is up to coding/staff. The map is complete, and available for you to test when you get home, if you would like, I could PM you it now, or then, that is also up to you.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 am

Well, in attempt to have the file ready for you to download from mediafire, I have found out that the Map.wz is too large to upload to a free account on mediafire. Uhm, I am not sure how you will get the file, although you may know a way.

If you do know a way, please tell me, and I can get it setup for you.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 am

You can give me files with Teamviewer maybe?
Although im not sure if its a good idea to change the npc positions,
My idea was to download custom maps optional.
So that the normal map wont be screwed up.

Pony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Well, I think it would be a good idea to move the NPC's around, cause on my custom they are all placed around the entrance/exit to the FM. Since I do not have access to the NPC custom for the server, nor would I know what I was doing, I can't help it. Also, I'm not sure about Teamviewer, but I know with Skype it said that it would take 2 hours to upload. Also, I can't leave the computer uploading for two hours during the day time. I would have to do it later at night if that was alright with you, (not sure what time it would be for you, but it would have to be around this time for me (its 12:53AM as I'm writing this)). But I mean, if you would like to just leave the NPC's around the entrance or where ever they decide to go at the time, its fine, just a suggestion to make it look neater. Uhm, another thing is, the MapleTV doesn't fit with the scenery, and I can't delete that because it's consider an NPC, so that would be up to you.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Also, just to add to my last post. If you would like me to create a guide as to how to add the map, or how to change things about it, I would be more than willing to, just let me know :3
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Gstyle* Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:53 pm

mediafire is gone Sad
Gstyle*
Gstyle*

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffreyx Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 pm

I still download from it o: .. Iunno what could be wrong for yoou.
Jeffreyx
Jeffreyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Pony Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 pm

megaupload* is gone

Pony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down